Mrs J Keegan-Hobbs
Chair and Foundation Governor
Mr Dan O’Dell
Email: [email protected]
Elected Parent Governors
Mr S Buckmaster
Mr M Moody
Miss C Parker
Ms Marese O’Dwyer (Vice Chair)
Mrs V Moriarty
Mr R Flanagan
Miss E Kelly
Miss L Banyard
Mr D Kinsey
What are school governors?
School governors are a group of volunteers who come together as a group called the School Governing Body or Board.
What do school governors do?
They are school leaders. They support and challenge the headteacher to get the very best in education for the children and families in their school community.
- A governing board has a strong focus on three key issues:
- Making sure the school has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
How can I become a school governor?
School governing boards are made up of a number of governors with different skills drawn from a number of different groups:
- School staff
- The local authority (Staffordshire County Council in Staffordshire)
- Members of the community
- The school foundation/trust (in some schools)
Governors are recruited to make a board with a good balance of skills to ensure they can meet their responsibilities. Every member of the school governing board has the same responsibilities and there is free training available to support new and existing governors in their important roles.
- Autumn-Term-2015-Final-Draft-Minutes-St-Bernadettes-School-Governors-Meeting-09-11-2015-MF-1.pdf pdf87.7 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Body-Minutes-14.3.16.pdf pdf90.4 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Body-Minutes-20.6.16.pdf pdf71.3 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Board-Minutes-7.11.16.pdf pdf72.7 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Board-Minutes-13.03.17-1.pdf pdf51.4 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Board-Minutes-03.07.17.pdf pdf59.3 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Code-of-conduct-update-for-Governors-Spring-2018.pdf pdf600.2 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Standards-Mtg-18.07.17.pdf pdf46.1 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Standards-Mtg-08.03.17.pdf pdf53.7 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Standards-Mtg-02.11.16.pdf pdf56.5 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governor-and-Leadership-Monitoring-2017.pdf pdf127.0 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governor-and-Leadership-Monitoring-of-School-2016.pdf pdf127.3 KbAug 5th, 2021
- G-O-V-E-R-N-O-R-I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N-2-0-1-7.pdf pdf43.3 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Code-of-conduct.pdf pdf112.5 KbAug 5th, 2021