Mrs J Keegan-Hobbs
Chair and Foundation Governor
Mr Dan O’Dell (Email: [email protected])
Miss C Parker
Ms Marese O’Dwyer (Vice Chair)
Miss L Banyard
Mrs J Willetts
Mrs V Milton
Mr M Reay
Mr S Cresswell
Mr D Kinsey
What are school governors?
School governors are a group of volunteers who come together as a group called the School Governing Body or Board.
What do school governors do?
They are school leaders. They support and challenge the headteacher to get the very best in education for the children and families in their school community.
- A governing board has a strong focus on three key issues:
- Making sure the school has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
How can I become a school governor?
School governing boards are made up of a number of governors with different skills drawn from a number of different groups:
- School staff
- The local authority (Staffordshire County Council in Staffordshire)
- Members of the community
- The school foundation/trust (in some schools)
Governors are recruited to make a board with a good balance of skills to ensure they can meet their responsibilities. Every member of the school governing board has the same responsibilities and there is free training available to support new and existing governors in their important roles.
- Minutes for FGB Meeting 04.07.22.pdf pdf166.1 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Minutes for FGB Meeting 28.03.22.pdf pdf141.4 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Minutes for FGB Meeting 27.09.21.pdf pdf143.3 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Sports Premium Update 27.09.21.pdf pdf195.1 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Sports Premium Summer Report 2021-22.pdf pdf308.5 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Code of Conduct for Governors 2022.pdf pdf181.7 KbSep 12th, 2022
- Governor Information 2017.pdf pdf43.3 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Code of conduct - Governors 2018.pdf pdf600.2 KbSep 29th, 2022
- Standards-Mtg-18.07.17.pdf pdf46.1 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Standards-Mtg-08.03.17.pdf pdf53.7 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governor-and-Leadership-Monitoring-2017.pdf pdf127.0 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governor-and-Leadership-Monitoring-of-School-2016.pdf pdf127.3 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Board-Minutes-13.03.17-1.pdf pdf51.4 KbAug 5th, 2021
- Governing-Board-Minutes-03.07.17.pdf pdf59.3 KbAug 5th, 2021